Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, ReStore!
Thank you for your interest in donating to Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore. Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Reduce: donating gently used items is a great way to reduce waste and landfills, that continue to be filled with items that others could benefit from. Since 2011 the Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStore has diverted 550 tons of trash that would have otherwise ended up in landfills.
Reuse: Let us convert those unwanted items into our inventory! Profits from all sales help us build more safe and affordable homes throughout the Merrimack Valley! Ultimately, your donating to ReStore helps us get more deserving families in home and then they too can shop at ReStore for their home while paying it forward.
Recycle: Ask yourself, could someone use this unwanted item? If the item is clean and in good repair, think ReStore! We have convenient drop off time-frames or will arrange pickup to make it really easy!
How to donate?
To best serve you, we offer several options to make your support of the ReStore easy and hassle-free:
1. In-person Drop Off:
Please do not leave items after hours. Illegal dumping will be prosecuted.
Donations can be brought to the rear of the ReStore Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 to 4:00.
We reserve the right to refuse any donation. Please call if you have any questions about an items suitability.
2. Schedule Pick Up: We have a truck that we schedule ahead of time for pick up of larger donated items. Please see Donation Guidelines below. Note Spring and Fall can be particularly busy so allow for lead times as we want this to be convenient for you.
Corona Virus (COVID-19) Impact at our ReStore: At his time our ReStore is open and operating under normal schedule. However, effective immediately and until further notice the Habitat ReStore will be limiting Residential Donation Pick-up’s to exterior and garage pick-up’s only; under no other circumstance will staff or volunteers enter a private apartment or dwelling. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes and appreciate our donors continued support of our mission during this change. Be safe.
Large Item pick up’s are at no charge but donations to offset our expenses are welcome!
- Call us and we will schedule over the phone
- Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for our donation contact form.
For car, truck, boat, RV, trailer, construction equipment or other vehicle, click Cars For Homes
Must be clean and in proven working condition. No more than 12 years old. To find the age of your appliances Click Here and enter the Model number and Serial number.
- Stoves / Ovens (gas and electric)
- Dishwashers (NEW ONLY)*
- Range hoods / Range tops
- Microwave ovens
- Water heaters (NEW ONLY)
- Furnaces (NEW ONLY)
- Washers & Dryers
- Air conditioners
- Porch posts
- Unique/Antique windows and doors
Athletic / Exercise Equipment
- Treadmills and Elliptical machines. Working in good condition. Will be checked prior to acceptance
- Weight benches
- Golf Clubs
Cabinets / Countertops
- Individual pieces or full sets of cabinets
- Must have all doors and drawers and be in stable condition
- Counter-tops must have minimal chips/damage
- Cabinet doors – In good condition
For more information on donating cabinets click here!
- No rotting or cracks. All panes must be intact.
- No lead paint
- Pre-hung or door slabs
- Interior or Exterior
- Storm doors in new or excellent condition
- Sliding glass: must have all tracking, glass intact with no damage or fogging
- Shower doors – new only
- Residential items or Commercial items
- Light Bulbs, new only. No florescent bulbs or CFL’s
- Smoke/Co detectors (New Only)
- Must be working and complete, blades removed and taped to motor
- Carpets – new only
- Carpet padding – new only
- Vinyl tile, sheet vinyl, linoleum-any quantity of new material (no adhesives present)
- Hardwood or parquet flooring – free of rot and in usable quantities, no nails
- Laminate (no adhesives present)
- In good condition, no stains, odors or broken parts. No press board or particle board. We may be very selective on large items
- Certain large items, armoires, entertainment centers, TV cabinets, desks, breakfronts, china cabinets, hutches, “This End Up” Furniture and knotty pine may not be acceptable for donation
- We cannot take upholstered (fabric or leather) couches, sectionals, love-seats and arm chairs
- We cannot take sleeper sofas, mattresses or futons, futon frames, captains beds or press-board furniture (entertainment centers, TV stands, desks, beds)
- Complete sets of door hinges, cabinet hardware, etc., free from rust
- Nails, screws, hangers, etc., any quantity
- No mixed containers of nails and screws
- Clean and reusable
- Everyday dishes to decorative vases, silk plants, collectibles, pictures, etc.
- Books – No encyclopedias or textbooks
- New in packaging only
- Interior / exterior, lamps, wall lights, sconces, chandeliers, track lighting (must be complete)
- Must be free of rot / insects
- Plywood – full, 1/2 and 1/4 sheets
- Milled lumber – 4′ lengths or greater
- Trim / molding – 4′ lengths or greater
- Siding-full lengths
- Bricks – whole, intact, in good condition
- Concrete blocks – whole, intact, in good condition
- Full rolls of wallpaper or border.
Plumbing Fixtures & Hardware
- Sinks – all types, no rust or cracks – Excellent condition
- Bathroom vanities and counter-tops
- Bathtubs – in good condition
- Shower enclosures – in good condition, with all components
- Toilets – new
- Toilets – gently used, Low-Flow (1.6) gallon, no chipping, no toilet seats
- Plumbing hardware
- Pipe PVC / Metal / Copper, supplies and fittings
Roofing Material & Gutters
- New shingles, full bundles
- Rolls of roofing material, 1/2 roll minimum
- New roofing and gutter materials, full pieces, no rust or damage
Sheet Rock (Wall Board, Drywall)
- 4′ x 4’ or larger
Tools / Lawn & Garden
- Hand or power tools in working condition.
- Rakes, shovels, lawn & garden supplies
- Lawn mowers / snow blowers / leaf blowers
- Floor, ceiling, return-clean and in good condition
Vinyl Siding & Accessories
- Full length pieces only
Windows / Screens
- Must be complete units
- No single sashes
- No Aluminum
- Replacement windows only in new or excellent condition
- No screens without windows
- Dual pane only – no single pane
- In good condition, glass intact, no rot – will be inspected before being accepted
- No lead paint
The ReStore will also accept
- Interior and Exterior Shutters
- Working AC window units
- Mirrors – framed only, no free standing glass
- Fencing new or in re-usable condition
- Household goods in good condition (on a limited inspection basis)
THE RESTORE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Upholstered furniture (cloth or leather)
- Futon frames, captains beds
- Used Electronics (TV’s, Computer equipment, stereos, DVD players, VCR’s )
- Compact florescent light bulbs or any florescent bulbs, new or used
- Used lightbulbs
- Encyclopedias or Textbooks
- Whirlpool tubs
- Infant/baby equipment
- Broken glass or mirrors
- Unframed glass or mirrors
- Aluminum or single pane windows
- Office desks and cubicles
- Entertainment centers
- Press-board furniture (entertainment centers, desks, TV stands)
- Cans of paint, stain, other household materials
- Paint thinner or other hazardous materials or chemicals
- Pesticides of any kind
- Appliances or electrical equipment in non-working order
- Garage doors
- Mattresses box springs, futons or other bedding
- Medical equipment
- Pianos or organs
- Skis, snow boards, boots and poles
- Sleeper sofas
- Used toilet seats and lids
- Used water heaters*
- Used Bathroom and Kitchen faucets*
- Used Dishwashers*
- Used smoke or co detectors
* New lead content law in effect 1/2014
The ReStore reserves the right to refuse any donation for any reason.
Amesbury, Andover, Boxford, Bradford, Byfield, Georgetown, Groveland, Haverhill, Lawrence, Merrimac, Methuen, Middleton, Newbury, Newburyport, North Andover, North Reading, Salisbury, West Boxford, West Newbury
Atkinson NH, Plaistow NH, Salem NH
We are close to you if you are located in Merrimack Valley (Massachusetts MA) or Southern New Hampshire (NH). You can drop off or we will pick up near you. The United States Postal Service (USPS) zipcodes that we service for donation pickups are:
01810, 01812, 01830, 01831, 01832, 01833, 01833, 01834, 01835, 01840, 01841, 01842, 01843, 01844, 01845, 01860, 01864, 01885, 01889, 01899, 01913, 01921, 01922, 01922, 01949, 01950, 01951, 01951, 01952, 01985, 03079, 03811, 03865, 05501, 05544