For consideration please send resume or work history and a short cover letter to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
ReStore Driver/Donation Ambassador
Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStore
647 Andover Street
Lawrence, MA 01843
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Description: This position is responsible for the pick-up of merchandise from donors, safely packing the merchandise in the ReStore truck, returning to ReStore, unpacking merchandise and general ReStore help.
Employee Status: Full Time.
- General Duties
- Load and unload all donated materials
- Communicating with ReStore Management regarding incoming donations.
- Occasionally supervising volunteers, making their experience meaningful.
- Drive MVHH vehicles to pick-up and deliver donated goods
- Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Daily cleaning and straightening of ReStore receiving area.
- Screen for product usability when donors call or bring in donations.
- Direct pricing and operations inquiries to ReStore Management.
- Other Duties as Assigned by the ReStore Manager
- Required Skills / Experience
- Knowledge and experience in retail sales.
- Team building a real plus.
- Must be a good listener and be able to engage in well-considered discussions.
- Must be willing to understand the big picture of the MVHH and know that ReStore is only a part of the larger goal.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check.
- Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must have a drivers license and maintain a good driving record
- Sense of humor a must!
The Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.