This position has been filled…
The Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStore is looking for the right person to be our Cashier/Retail Assistant! Working at the ReStore is fast paced, dynamic, people oriented and can be very rewarding!
The position is 30 hours a week, non-exempt, Tuesday through Saturday.
The Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a discount retail outlet. Open to the public, the ReStore sells donated new and gently used building materials, appliances, furniture and home improvement items at greatly reduced prices. It’s a great way to wisely dispose of unwanted home improvement items while promoting re-use of items that may otherwise end up in landfills. Located at 647 Andover Street in Lawrence, MA all of the profits from ReStore are used to support Habitat for Humanity home building projects in the Merrimack Valley.
For consideration, a resume or work history, along with an introduction letter can be emailed to email@example.com.
No phone calls please!
ReStore Cashier/Retail Assistant
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Provide excellent customer service for donors and shoppers by:
– Acting as primary cashier.
– Answering customer inquiries by phone and in person.
- Opening and closing of the ReStore for scheduled daily hours. General oversight of store operations and volunteer management in coordination with ReStore Leadership.
- Maintain a clean and orderly facility, including retail areas, back rooms, facilities and parking lots.
- Working closely with the ReStore Leadership and affiliate staff to attract and retain volunteers by:
- Maintaining a daily and weekly schedule of volunteers with assigned times and areas/tasks.
- Scheduling training for new volunteers on policies and programs
- Provide excellent customer service for donors and shoppers by:
- Acting as primary cashier.
- Answering customer inquiries by phone and in person.
- Answering donor inquiries by phone and in person.
Other Opportunities within the ReStore:
- Process donations for resale, including but not limited to, cleaning, refurbishing, stocking, merchandising and pricing.
- Assist ReStore Leadership in implementing marketing and public relations campaigns for increasing donations and sales.
- Oversee display and organization of showroom sales areas jointly with ReStore leadership to ensure all items are properly priced and ticketed for sale.
- Oversee selection and pricing of unique items in-store and on-line.
- Oversee and maintain daily/weekly Task assignments and records.
- Achieve excellent customer, donor and volunteer ratings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Computer knowledgeable; including web based searches, Microsoft Word & Excel. Must have willingness to learn other programs as needed.
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic. Enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Sense of humor
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact. Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Commitment to safe working environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers while also having the ability to perform most tasks in the absence of staff or volunteers.
- Drivers License and good driving record.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- Minimum three years’ work experience.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Critical Performance Outcomes:
- Ensuring that the ReStore operation is staffed appropriately with employees and volunteers for optimal customer service needs.
- Ensuring the accuracy of daily register reconciliation with volunteers.
- Maintaining an effective and well-trained base of volunteers.
- Fulfillment of responsibilities described above.
The Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.