The Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStore is looking for the right person to be our Volunteer Specialist! Working at the ReStore is fast paced, dynamic, people oriented and can be very rewarding!
The position is full-time, non-exempt.
The Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a discount retail outlet. Open to the public, the ReStore sells donated new and gently used building materials, appliances, furniture and home improvement items at greatly reduced prices. It’s a great way to wisely dispose of unwanted home improvement items while promoting re-use of items that may otherwise end up in landfills. Located at 647 Andover Street in Lawrence, MA all of the profits from ReStore are used to support Habitat for Humanity home building projects in the Merrimack Valley.
For consideration, a resume or work history, along with an introduction letter can be emailed to email@example.com.
No phone calls please!
Reports to: ReStore Manager
The Volunteer Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the ReStore volunteer program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respond to all individual ReStore volunteer inquiries
- Coordinate with Affiliate Director of Marketing and Volunteers
- Develop and implement a strategy for actively soliciting, engaging, and maintaining new volunteers
- Regular and frequent community outreach with the goal of engaging new volunteers and partnerships
- Develop and implement a strategy for special projects, events and ReStore sales events
- Manage ReStore volunteer group projects
- Act as liaison to other organizations who are sending volunteers
- Schedule volunteers to meet the volunteer needs of ReStore staff
- Meet with ReStore staff regularly to schedule volunteers
- Orient and train new volunteers
- Maintain volunteer database and keep records of volunteer activities, including numbers of teams, volunteers, number of hours worked contact information, etc
- Develop and implement formal and informal volunteer appreciation program
- Prepare job descriptions for volunteer positions
- Monitor volunteer satisfaction
- Ensure that volunteer liability waivers are signed and filed
- Manage community service volunteers from local jurisdictions
- Coordinate activities for youth volunteers (Boy/Girl Scouts, etc.)
- Contribute to Newsletter for volunteer related articles
- Coordinate volunteers for booths, fairs and special events
- Other responsibilities as assigned by ReStore Manager
- Enthusiasm, teamwork focused, and strong customer service orientation
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Effective leadership and team building skills
- Self- motivated able to work independently
- Possess tact, diplomacy and flexibility
- Good Supervisory Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
Physical requirement to do this job:
Outside meetings and presentations are frequently required. Some evening and week-end meetings required.
Work Environment and Conditions:
- Much of work is performed in a warehouse environment
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. repeatedly
- Driver license
The Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.